Fun or Unusually Significant Awards 💃
Periodically introducing new awards helps to not only reinforce platform engagement, but to also reinforce your unique company culture. So whether it is a one-off award from an executive to celebrate an amazing moment or something seasonal to promote the achievement of organizational / department KPIs, see below for a list of fun award ideas:
- Culture awards: values-based, company specific (the "Golden Hippo")
- Seasonal / quarterly / company milestone awards: KPI achievement, quota achievement
- Leadership awards: president's club, achiever's club, winner's circle
Note: To learn more about awards, visit our article How do I create an award?
HiThrive's Competitions are a fun way to reward both platform participation, as well as awesome workplace contributions. Competitions allow you to gamify a pre-set metric (shoutouts given, shoutouts received, points earned). Not only does it automate the entire process (launch, measurement, end-date, and winner announcement), but it will allow you to periodically post leaderboards to show how your team members stack up. To learn more about competitions, visit our article How do I create a competition?
Of course, every company has their own version of what makes for a fun nomination. That’s why creating unique nominations designed specifically for your team members is so much fun — anything goes!
Get inspired to think up funny employee awards that reflect your company culture from the options we’ve gathered below. These ideas are just to get the juices flowing 🎯.
- Values-based / company specific
- Dare to take risks to drive significant impact: No matter what the outcome is, we learn from each experience and get better.
- Do what's right: As a moral imperative, we strive to do the right thing for our customers, employees, company and community as a whole.
- Fun: All work and no play leads straight to burn out, which is why we foster a sense of fun at work.
- Passionate: Passion for our products and customers drives us further and keeps us reaching higher.
- Fun / goofy
- Around-the-clocker: somehow never logs off
- Company spirit: always decked out in our swag
- Human wiki: our team member who seemingly knows everything
- Ice(wo)man: keeps it cool even when things are going a little um, off
- Monty Don: the green thumb of the team
- Trashy television maven: our team member who's taste in tv leaves something to be desired
Note: To learn more about nominations, visit our article How to create a nomination-based award program